Looking to make a difference in our community? SRT-Malheur Express, operated by Malheur Council on Aging and Community Services provides fixed route, paratransit, commuter route and door-to-door non-emergent medical transportation services to the general public, including seniors, individuals with disabilities and veterans throughout Malheur County and its surrounding areas. We are currently seeking professional, friendly, reliable and flexible CDL & Non-CDL drivers to assist us in providing our community with safe, quality and timely transportation services. If you are looking for a rewarding job and are passionate about helping others while earning a paycheck, please submit an application in person at 842 SE 1st Ave, Ontario, OR 97914 or email your application to email@example.com.
Click Here, for a printable version of our safety sensitive application.
- Driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Morning (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)
- Non CDL Driver Range ($10.50 per hour)
- CDL Driver Range ($12.50 per hour)
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Transporting clients to medical appointments or other assignments as scheduled using MCOA&CS fleet vehicles.
This position performs all the duties of a transportation driver in their designated service area(s) up to and including pick-up and safe delivery of passengers.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the supervision of the Transportation Project Manager.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Generally, there are no supervisory responsibilities with this position.
TYPICAL EXAMPLES OF WORK
- Drives a vehicle from the Dispatch yard to assigned destination.
- Conducts daily and weekly safety checks using MCTS checklist.
- Assists the dispatcher with route planning.
- Maintains a daily vehicle log and other data as required to record passengers and vehicle operations.
- Cleans and services the vehicle with fuel, oil and accessories daily or more often, if needed.
- Perform daily and weekly operations, preventative maintenance, and vehicle inspection logs.
- Notifies dispatch and Transportation Project Manager of any disturbances on the bus
- Notifies Preventative Maintenance Technician of any problems with the vehicle.
- Attends all training sessions when scheduled.
- Become knowledgeable about the unique needs of elderly and disable clients.
- Assists disabled passengers into and out of vehicle and secures passengers wheelchairs to restraining devices to stabilize the wheelchairs during trip.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Minimum high school education preferred.
- Must be 25 years of age or over
- Must be able to pass a Safety Sensitive Drug & Alcohol Testing.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and a clean driving record. (CDL Passenger B driver’s license for transporting 16 or more people, including driver).
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain proper documentation.
- Be able to lift or support up to 50 pounds.
- Successfully complete a driving assessment.
- Pass a physical examination and a successful drug screening.
- Be patient and courteous under all types of circumstances.
- Be punctual and dependable.
- Maintain Client Confidentiality.
- Must be able or willing to learn basic computer skill for checking company email and finding unfamiliar address online.
Within 6 months after hiring the following must be completed:
- Successful completion of a Defensive Driving Course. Eight hours Minimum, to be renewed with four hour refresher course every two years.
- Successful completion of passenger Assist Training.
- Complete 3 driver training videos.
- Successful completion of a red cross approved First Aid course/CPR Program, to be renewed as scheduled.
- Complete 90 minutes of Training on the Effects of Drug and Alcohol use.
NOTE: Malheur Council on Aging will be responsible for the cost of the First Aid Course/CPR program and the scheduling.
Must pass a physical examination and a criminal history background check. Valid Oregon driver's license required.
This is a Safety Sensitive Position; Participation in MCOA&CS’ Drug and Alcohol program is a requirement of each safety sensitive employee, and therefore, is a condition of employment.
Malheur Council on Aging & Community Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Malheur Council on Aging & Community Services’ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.